Herpes.Org is developing a set of informational documents for use by doctors, therapists, clinics, etc, to provide a support framework for patients recently diagnosed with herpes. Until these documents are available, we suggest that as a minimum, patients be provided with the following information:
- Two telephone hotlines are available:
- The Herpes Resource Center Hotline: (919) 361-8488
- The CDC STD Hotline: (800) 227-8922
- Contact information for the nearest ASHA HELP support group List of HELP Groups
- The web address of THIS website: http://www.herpes.org/
As an encouragement to medical professionals to provide this kind of information to their patients, we are developing a list of “patient-friendly doctors”. Simply, if doctors are willing to provide this information to their patients, we will list them in our database. For details of this, see here.